Thursday, November 13, 2008

Looking back

During the creation of Brewing Media, I encountered several challenges or rather tasks such as coming up with a unique and relevant theme and name to my blog to make my blog stand out from among the millions already on the internet, and to engage readers to continue reading for updates.

I also had to select a layout and template that would be easy to read so as to not disrupt the audience's reading flow. Theories and elements of design were applied to choices of color, typeface and content in order to deliver a concise and reader-friendly blog.

As a blogger, I have acquired skills like searching for relevant articles my readers might find relevant to my blog purpose, and presenting that information in a credible, concise manner. Walsh (2006) says the layout of the home page consists of several framed sections, with links to other pages, which are each designed to engage us. I have learnt to always research information and back it up with sources and links before publishing them as readers can always question one's credibility and look for more information.

Writing for Brewing Media has made me concious of the various issues and developements in the media industries everywhere. A blog is an incredible medium that allows the integration of text, visual and audio, hence creating an engaging source of information and entertainment.

References:


Walsh , M 2006, The Textual Shift: Examining the reading process with print, visual and multimodal texts, Australian Journal of Language and Literacy, Vol. 29 February

No comments: